Ilha de Mocambique lies four kilometers off the coast of Africa just opposite Madagascar. For hundreds of years it was a major center of intercontinental maritime trade. It was occupied by Arab merchants from the tenth century until the end of the fifteenth, and in the sixteenth century became a port of call on the route from Europe to the East Indies opened by the Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama. In 1507, the Portuguese built a fortress on the island where the Customs House stands today.
For bookings & enquiries:
Phone: +255 (0) 784 770013